Network Security Engineer
Network Security Engineer
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services (ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting globally including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the world’s iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
Reporting to the Communications and Security manager this position provides the opportunity to join a highly skilled and motivated global IT organisation responsible for the design and delivery of end user computing services to 36,000 users
Purpose of the Role:
The Infrastructure Engineer position is a hands-on role to monitor, manage and support cyber security in the IT environment. Working within a small team you will provide support with monitoring logs, resolving incidents, implementing cyber security improvements, delivery of new services and offering technical advice to project teams and the business.
This role may suit an individual who has extensive experience within a 2nd line support environment and has proven experience in cyber security within a large organisation. There will be scope to develop scripts and automation processes to support a global environment. The successful candidate will be dynamic, analytical and able to come up with smart solutions within budget constraints.
- Experience with SIEM/SOAR platforms, both use and support.
- Experience in cyber security cloud solutions
- Delivery of projects and new services including cloud platforms.
- Resolving 2nd/3rd line incident support calls
- Investigating potential incidents and performance issues
- Improving and/or automating and scripting administrative procedures
- Continual service improvement through best practise and new and innovative technologies
- Assist with managing the technology life cycle
- Knowledge and experience in firewalls, network architecture and Microsoft Cloud services
Essential Technical Requirements:
To be successful in this role we would expect you to have in depth experience with:
- Checkpoint and Palo Alto firewalls
- Networking essentials
- Siem and Soar platforms
- Cyber security in a cloud environment
- Use of cloud security services
- Working within a helpdesk / support environment, dealing with customer issues through to resolution
- Active Directory management
- Knowledge of monitoring & reporting based systems
- Experience in Hybrid Cloud environments
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure
You must also be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Troubleshooting software issues on Windows platform
- Understanding of AV products
- Knowledge of Windows security
- Benchmarking and performance tuning
Desirable Technical Experiences:
- Experience working within ITIL aligned Service Delivery organization
- To have worked in an engineering environment
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
- Willingness to engage with and work in other technologies
ATKINS offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
ATKINS recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs