Piping Design Technologist (Junior to Intermediate)
Piping Design Technologist (Junior to Intermediate)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Junior to Intermediate Piping Design Technologist
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the BWR/PWR market.
Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
SNC-Lavalin is currently looking for a Junior to Intermediate Piping Design Technologist to join our engineering team in Mississauga. This position is for a 2-year term, but can be extended or transferred to a permanent position depending on the business or project needs.
This position requires an individual who is a self-starter capable of working independently or under the instruction from a design engineer to perform new piping and equipment layout or modification of piping systems on various projects, and develop necessary engineering design drawings as required. The individual may have some prior mechanical / piping experience, or may still be developing in their career.
The qualified individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Perform piping and equipment layout in a 3D CADDS environment
• Prepare design layout drawings and perform the necessary design calculations and materials specification
• Prepare pre-design sketches, schematics and other drawings from general written or verbal instructions and field inspection
• Carry out revisions to complex drawings of equipment and installations with only verbal information or rough sketches
• Responsible for meeting quality and schedule requirements
• Interfacing effectively with clients and other engineering groups
• Check the work of peers and more junior staff as directed
• Graduation from a recognized institute of advanced technology, or equivalent formal education, and a minimum of three (3) years pertinent technological experience
• Experience in the use of SmartPlant 3D for modelling of process piping, equipment, instrument tubing, as well as piping and tubing supports.
• Experience in the use of SmartSketch for the creation and modification of general arrangements, detail drawings, and piping isometrics from SmartPlant 3D models
• Experience in the use of SmartPlant PID for the creation of system flowsheets
• Knowledge of other 3D plant design software is an asset
• Knowledge of 3D mechanical design CADD software, such as SolidWorks or SolidEdge is an asset
• Knowledge of 2D CADD software including AutoCADD and MicroStation is an asset
• Familiarity with CANDU process systems and components is an asset
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of design drafting procedures, practices, techniques and standards
• Ability to produce an acceptable output of work while maintaining a high standard of quality
• Must have excellent technical and practical skills to resolve engineering issues or technical problems;
• Must have excellent communication and technical writing skills;
• Demonstrate ability to interact effectively with client’s counterparts;
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs