This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Are you a Process Engineer looking for your next career opportunity? This could be the role for you.
Are you interested in working for a world-leading engineering and design consultancy? If so, we’d love you to apply for this role.
Our Engineering and Consultancy business has been operating for over four decades and the pace of change has never been greater than it is now. These are critical times in how the world generates and uses energy. Our Process Engineering team is key to the multi-disciplinary design and assurance services that we provide to our Clients in the Oil & Gas, Energy from Waste, Biofuels, and Petrochemical Markets.
Working within our Process Team in our Glasgow, Bellshill and Aberdeen offices, you will be an integral part of the delivery of engineering solutions to the Energy Sector. You’ll be working closely with our clients, completing site and client office visits, project delivery and fixed term secondments. By joining the vibrant Engineering and Consultancy Business, you will have the opportunity to work across the whole market from Biofuels to Oil & Gas.
You’ll be responsible for the analysis, assessment, assurance, optioneering and design of process systems, which can be stand- alone technical tasks or part of large multi-year consultancy support contracts. Working closely with our clients, you’ll be consulting with them to develop a full understanding of their project requirements, delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. You will be in a motivated team of 12 process engineers with a range of levels of responsibility for delivery, depending on the project size.
Leading, building and maintaining strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role. You’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices. You’ll be client focussed – being able to interface with clients, understand their needs and convert opportunities into successful workstreams.
In addition to building excellent relationships with our clients, you’ll also be able to build excellent relationships within the team, being able to provide comprehensive support to a team within a project, and mentor others. You’ll also have the ability to work individually or in multi-disciplinary teams.
You will enjoy approaching things in different ways to find the best possible fit – you like making improvements and consider different approaches, trying to find the best approach to fit whatever is the current context.
With a positive outlook and approachable manner, teamed with an entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to challenge normal practice, you have the drive and ambition to help us create a market leading business in this sector.
In addition to the above you will demonstrate the following;
- Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Working towards membership of the IChemE or approaching chartership with chartership application report ready for review.
- An appropriate level of relevant industrial experience, with preference for the Energy sector.
- Demonstrable ability to be able to communicate well, especially with the written form.
- Ability to run and manage projects, including financial performance.
- Strong Quality, Safety, Environment (QSE) focus, with demonstrable track record of implementing these standards.
- Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices may also be required.
- This is an exciting time for Atkins; we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, whilst also continuing to grow our Engineering and Consultancy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
- At Atkins, we support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our Rewards and Benefits page for details on our full benefits package.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.