Project Control Engineer
Project Control Engineer
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Responsibility as NEC3/4 Project Control Engineer for larger, more complex global projects relating to highways, rail, infrastructure, and other markets; including pre and post project controls.
- Ensure that the Atkins processes are applied from bidding and project set up, through to project execution and closure.
- Collaborate with Project Management team to produce Cost Breakdown Structure based on project Work Breakdown Structure to setup governance requirements in discussion with the Project Manager/s.
- Prepare process and tools to carry out pricing estimates based on project stakeholders’ input.
- Track and analyze the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, forecasts, contingencies analysis.
- Proactively engage regularly with project stakeholders to gather their inputs and get agreement.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement, automation, lean techniques to bring consistency and efficiencies across projects, programmes and portfolios in project controls, cost and schedule management.
- Produce forecasts of total project costs, annual costs, and monthly cash flow costs and provides variance analysis and explanations.
- Monitor, control and analyze the project cost and schedule information, identify variances and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager with possible alternatives. Prepare specific reports to facilitate challenge and analysis to meet the project’s specific needs.
- Produce and issue cost reports to the client and project team, including key project indicators.
- Develop, manage, revise, and update integrated detailed project schedules including all phases of project execution.
- Proactively analyze project schedules including comparing cost/resource curves to actuals, tracking float. consumption, and change order impact analysis to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Support Project managers on proactively raising early warnings and preparing change orders to be submitted to the clients and updates to project controls specific documents.
- Supply chain management to support contract preparation and meet fair payment requirements
- Support Risk identification and reporting.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in guiding and mentor junior staff to meet delivery requirements.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Construction Management, Building Technology, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 5 to 12 years of relevant experience on global UK, Middle East, or US projects.
- Excellent language, report writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of earned value concepts and calculations.
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 and report preparation skills.
- Must have strong understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method) concepts and calculations.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and requirements.
- Certified Estimating Professional, Certified Cost Professional, Certified Schedule Professional, Project Management Professional or equivalent credential(s)
- Expertise in O365 Apps.
- Good to have automation skills using Visual Basic or any other s/w.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs