Project Support Officer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Project Support Officer
In the Energy sector Atkins has an exceptional reputation for delivering innovative and cost efficient solutions to some of the world's most technically challenging problems.
Atkins supports the whole life cycle of the nuclear industry, building the next generation of nuclear power stations, keeping the current fleet operational and solving the decommissioning challenge.
Across the UK and the globe there are difficult issues to overcome to create a sustainable energy supply and there is a great opportunity to make a positive difference to people's lives and the environment.
Right now, we're going through a period of astonishing growth and have an opportunity for a Project Support Officer to join our project support team. You’ll enjoy working on a range of demanding projects, controlling and monitoring project costs.
You will work as part of a small team, supporting a variety of project managers with their project finances. You will be comfortable working with spreadsheets; updating project cost information, creating invoices and monitoring project costs on behalf of the project managers. You will also track opportunities, manage client correspondence and maintain our project database.
The role will ideally suit someone with a financial/project support background, used to working under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Experience in dealing with financial spreadsheets
- Previous experience of working in a project support role
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience in using Excel to an Advanced level, including the use of macros would be a distinct advantage
- Able to work to challenging deadlines; excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced and confident in dealing with staff at all levels, able to develop good working relationships with project managers
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Able to work on own initiative, capable of managing time effectively and prioritising workload
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to proactively identify improvements to current processes
- Ideally educated to A level standard or equivalent; GCSE level Maths and English required
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Provide financial support to project managers across a variety of projects, including:
- Managing and monitoring project costs across a range of projects
- Identifying and highlighting financial issues to the project manager
- Production of all project financial reporting including: client monthly reports, monthly Project Summary Reports /project financial reports, invoicing
- Liaising with the client and Finance to resolve any financial issues
- Ensuring project financial deadlines are met
- Monitoring the accrual/invoicing process
- Provide summary financial reporting information for the Management team
- Other duties include:
- Managing the incoming/outgoing client correspondence
- Maintain the Nuclear Generation project database
- Updating and tracking opportunities using the Client Relationship Management tool (CRM)
- Ensuring the processes from winning work, project delivery to project closure are followed according to client and Atkins requirements
- Reviewing client monthly reports to ensure they meet client requirements
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training.
Reward & Benefits
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave. Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.