Project Support Officer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Project Support Officer
Working within our Nuclear & Power Business in Bristol, you will provide project support and framework administration as part of the UK & Europe Energy project support team.
This is a varied role, providing support on a number of framework contracts in the Nuclear & Power business. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the frameworks, ensuring that the bidding process is followed, framework databases are maintained, opportunities are tracked and business processes are followed.
In addition, you will provide project financial support to a number of project managers across the business and support new staff starting work at our client offices in Gloucester and Bristol setting them up on our client’s SAP database.
It is likely that you will spend at least one day per month at our client offices in Gloucester.
You will have experience of working within a similar office environment and will have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to liaise effectively with staff and clients at all levels internally and externally across all levels of the hierarchy.
You will be highly organised with a logical and systematic approach and will be able to work to challenging deadlines. You are pro-active and are therefore able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team, managing your time effectively and prioritising your workload. You also have excellent attention to detail and be PC literate, particularly with MS Office Suite.
The following would also be highly advantageous;
• Experience of working in a project support role
• Experience / knowledge of the nuclear industry.
• Security clearance (to work unescorted on nuclear licensed sites).
• Experience in using Excel to an Advanced level.
• Experience in dealing with financial spreadsheets
• Previous experience of working in a project support role
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Experience in using Excel to an Advanced level, including the use of macros would be a distinct advantage
• Able to work to challenging deadlines; excellent organisational and planning skills;
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experienced and confident in dealing with staff at all levels, able to develop good working relationships with project managers
• Flexible and self-motivated
• Able to work on own initiative, capable of managing time effectively and prioritising workload
• Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Able to proactively identify improvements to current processes
• Ideally educated to A level standard or equivalent; GCSE level Maths and English required
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Provide financial support to project managers across a variety of projects, including:
• Managing and monitoring project costs across a range of projects
• Identifying and highlighting financial issues to the project manager
• Production of all project financial reporting including: client monthly reports, monthly Project Summary Reports /project financial reports, invoicing
• Liaising with the client and Finance to resolve any financial issues
• Ensuring project financial deadlines are met
• Monitoring the accrual/invoicing process
• Provide summary financial reporting information for the Management team
Other duties include:
• Managing the incoming/outgoing client correspondence
• Maintain the Nuclear Generation project database
• Updating and tracking opportunities using the Client Relationship Management tool (CRM)
• Ensuring the processes from winning work, project delivery to project closure are followed according to client and Atkins requirements
• Reviewing client monthly reports to ensure they meet client requirements
Atkins support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
Reward & Benefits:
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.