Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Vancouver office and reports to the Manager, Shared Services Proposal Group. You will be responsible for managing all phases of the company's proposal process and oversees proposal activities to develop RFP-compliant, competitive, and quality marketing materials, proposals, statements of qualification, and presentations.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Full ownership and leadership of proposal development, strategy, and delivery for pursuits of $1 million or more, or deemed strategic.
- Work with the wider pursuit team to add project capture plan, benefits, solutions, and proof into the proposal, and deliver proposals on time that are compliant, clear, and compelling.
- Ensures pursuits are accurately tracked through CRM/BWS system.
- Follow EDPM Canada’s proposal development process and use consistent set of tools.
- Plan, schedule, budget, outline, storyboard, develop text, for proposals, manage proposal production.
- Identify appropriate authors, section and volume leaders, subject matter experts (SMEs) and other support personnel to successfully develop a proposal.
- Coordinate communication between the team developing the proposal content.
- Develop graphical content (organization charts, info graphics, photographs) with project team and graphics specialists.
- Lead teams through strategic reviews (pink, red, green, gold, and IQR).
- Provides high impact, compelling writing on sections of the proposal and customizes projects.
- Perform research and interview staff to help write/translate complex concepts into a narrative that can be understood by non-technical readers.
- Enhances resumes and other text to be tailored to the client/pursuit objectives.
- Identify weaknesses in a document and creative ways to improve.
- Perform edit on near-final draft.
- Coordinate proposal information with any subconsultants.
- Lead internal lessons learned debrief.
- Attend and ensure project manager conduct a client debrief and capture information.
- May produce, package and track the proposal for delivery, ensuring that the proposal submission deadlines are always achieved.
- Lead development of necessary presentations for proposals.
- Ensure the proposal closeout process is complete.
- May function as capture manager, business unity or sector liaison.
- Supports work-sharing to balance workloads.
- Mentor assigned pursuit staff, including technical staff, proposal coordinators, and content specialists, by advising on and reviewing proposal management plans, schedules, outlines, compliance, matrices and storyboards, proposal process, strategy.
What will you contribute?
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience, preferably in Engineering Marketing and/or Proposals
- Bachelors degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism or other relevant field
- Independently responds to routine requests for information from Project Managers on non-complex or non-strategic bids.
- Responds to requests and works under Proposal Manager instructions on complex, strategic bids.
- Independently creates and populates forms to be included in proposal submissions and assists in obtaining appropriate signatures.
- Takes active role in proposal document production.
- Provide fundamental CRM/BWS queries.
- Pull resumes and project descriptions.
- Works under the guidance of a Proposal or Project Manager to enhance proposal content.
- Under direction of proposal manager, supports the overall pursuit process.
- Lay out and format proposals and other marketing material using the standard template.
- Coordinate and help produce, package, and track the proposal for delivery, ensuring that proposal submission deadlines are always achieved.
- Follow EDPM Canada proposal development process and use consistent set of tools.
- Assists in the proposal closeout process.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on exciting projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary & flexible benefits
• Good work-life balance with opportunities to work from home
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Great team of colleagues to work and collaborate with
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs