This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is a part of the SNC Lavalin Group, we work largely across the transport, infrastructure, energy, aerospace and defence sectors. We’re involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion, our combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-Ls offerings enable us the opportunity to continue our growth.
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility. Transportation is a well-funded market and we have a strong market position to capitalise on that. Our recruitment strategy is focused on hiring to support growth and bringing in new skills based on market trends while continuing to attract technical expertise to meet our client needs.
The Recruitment Partner will support the Divisional HR Director with the delivery of the People Strategy with a focus on strategic recruitment to support growth. You will be supported by an off-shore team that is accountable to the division with responsibility for delivering the resourcing requirements in a timely, cost effective, and efficient manner. Your personal capability and credibility will be key in how the Resourcing Centre of Expertise will be viewed by the business.
Job location: We are flexible with location but UK travel is required as part of the role and occasional visits to our offices in India.
- Developing a Recruitment Strategy to support business growth through creating credible relationships with key business stakeholders by gaining an understanding of current and future business needs based on internal requirements and external market trends. Challenging thinking and providing specialist recruitment expertise and guidance to translate the strategy into recruitment plans that you and your team will deliver.
- Work with the recruitment team to deliver an innovative attraction strategy focusing on attracting the best talent in the industry while maximising the diversity of candidates.
- Direct and influence the team in our Indian HR Centre to deliver the Recruitment operating model. You will support the ongoing development of the team by supporting their technical and personal development, to deliver recruitment in a timely and efficient way
- Manage delivery of service in line with business priority and budgets
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities with cost-effective solutions that deliver effective recruitment services and value for money to Atkins
- Support the Head of Recruitment in deploying best practice in your division by ensuring recruiters and hiring managers apply industry best practice assessment, interview and selection methods including, but not limited to, accountability for legal compliance, minimising risks and striving for achievement of diversity aspirations
- Build strong relationships with other divisional Recruitment Partners to share knowledge and work together effectively
- Collaborate with the diverse employee stakeholder group within Atkins, adapting service delivery when appropriate, whilst ensuring compliance to recruitment processes and policies
Recruitment leadership expertise demonstrating the following essential capabilities: -
- Strong evidence of recruitment expertise covering both attraction and selection of candidates
- Evidence of utilising recruitment industry best practice to support delivery of business strategy
- Proven experience in customer relationship management and account management
- Experience of working with an off shored shared service environment
- Ability to translate resourcing strategy into recruitment action plans
- Demonstrable skills in gathering and shaping resource requirements
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant employment and related legislation
- Demonstrable skills in planning and organizing
- Experience in team leadership, delegating and managing performance
- Experience of driving continuous improvement
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience of delivering D&I recruitment initiatives
- Good working knowledge of Transportation industry highly desirable
- Ability to quickly establish personal credibility and trust with key stakeholders
- Ability to manage change and remain flexible to individual situations
- Strong analytic ability in reviewing data and reports
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels in the Organisation
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong leadership – especially leading by example
- Excellent influencing skills
- Confident and self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Innovative thinker
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.