Regional Operations Manager (6months)
Regional Operations Manager (6months)
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Toronto office and reports to Regional Director .
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Working with the Regional Director, administration including pricing and cost control of all activities related to the installation, maintenance and emergency repairs of Client operational equipment distributed across the Ontario Division
- Respond to Client requirements by effectively directing sub-contractors
- Estimate installation costs and evaluate charges received
- Monitor sub-contractor performance, providing guidance and corrective action when required
- Solicit new sub-contractors, negotiate fixed pricing and provide necessary training for applicable activities
- Conduct field inspections and meetings with the client or sub-contractors to resolve problems
- Take responsibility for activities in the region in the absence of the Regional Director
What will you contribute?
- Minimum of 7 years related experience
- College or university degree or equivalent
- Excellent computer knowledge (Excel, Word, Windows)
- Ability to work under stress, with little supervision, in a team environment and meet all deadlines
- Strong background in customer service is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), French language skills would be an asset
- Access to a vehicle is required
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com