Safety Program Manager
Safety Program Manager
Safety Program Manager
Why join us?
Our Mexico Team is growing! The Safety Program Manager provides planning, developing and evaluation of safety training, evaluation of safety programs, construction observations, and reporting in order to prevent injuries and accidents on the construction, commissioning and operation program phases. Skills and training of the Safety Program Manager shall include leading and coordinating a team of Safety Technicians. This position is located at our client’s project site in Queretaro, Mexico. This is an IMMEDIATE need with active interviews currently taking place. Must be a Mexican Citizen and fluent in Spanish and English.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner's Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #13 largest Project Management Company and #9 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. In 2016, Faithful+Gould formally opened a location in Mexico in order to expand our operations, capabilities and position as a world-leading project and program management consultancy throughout the region. Constructive Expertise -It's in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Conduct analysis and provide reports concerning the proposed safety program provided by EPC or contractors.
- Provide a risk analysis for the project concerning construction site safety.
- Provide a HSE risk analysis for the technical concepts for all systems and equipment.
- Provide a report concerning the quality of the subcontractor safety programs, safety training program.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings and provide input and comments to during meeting concerning safety planning and requirements.
- Take residence at the project construction site and work with the EPC Company on a daily basis.
- All activities will have an initial inspection conducted per the pre-construction meeting. Witness the work and approve of the safety methods. Work with the contractor to remedy and deficient items.
- After initial inspection and approval of method and results all work will match the initial inspection requirements.
- Monitor and observe the safe work practices and drive corrections.
- Attend daily and weekly EPC and sub-contractor safety briefings. Report on quality of the meeting and effectiveness of the communication.
- Support PMT HSE staff in reinforcement of OSHA and OHSAS 18001 standards with EPC and contractors on-site.
- Conduct several daily safety observation reports with particular attention to job hazard task analysis and high risk activity such as working at heights, trenching, log out tag out try out, rigging, and Safety Rules.
- Record violations of rules, regulations, and record good practices.
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Client project and safety management systems.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or a related technical field such as Architecture or Engineering.
- More than 10 years of Safety Management experience in the US, large projects.
- Some knowledge of and experience with implementing OHSAS 18001 standards is required.
- Significant on-site Industrial Construction Management Experience preferred.
- Must have strong leadership skills including the ability to influence teams of people that are not direct reports while promoting team spirit.
- Must have ability to work independently without day to day supervision, while maintaining a focus on achieving the HSE objectives.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication including Spanish and English language.
- Must understand and regularly utilize Information Technology and common software systems in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project; and Adobe Acrobat.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits.
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy:
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs