Senior Designer - Pipeline
Senior Designer - Pipeline
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s largest employers of professionally-qualified staff, with operations focused in four regions globally – Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia Pacific. Established in 1938 by Sir William Atkins in London, Atkins now employs over 17,000 staff in more than 300 offices world-wide. We provide Design, Project Management, Engineering, Assurance and Consultancy services. Our reputation for technical excellence is rooted in our long established ability to solve the industry’s technical challenges.
We now require Senior Pipeline Designer - Onshore in our office at Sharjah, UAE, for providing expertise on our various onshore and offshore Oil & Gas projects. Working with a multidisciplinary team of Engineers in an internationally renowned consultancy environment providing professional design services to our clients, this offers a great opportunity for Engineers to gain valuable experience and exposure in design and detailing of onshore and offshore facilities.
- Should be able to prepare FEED & detailed engineering drawings of onshore / cross-country oil & gas pipelines.
- Responsible for reading, processing, and interpreting field data and survey drawings/ documentation
- Perform/ participate in pipeline site surveys & route finalization.
- Preparation of Overall Route Map, Plot Plan, Profile Drawings, Route Alignment sheets, LUP (Land Used Permission), PDI (Population Density Index), station approach drawings, Pipeline Survey Corridor cross section, Pipeline Trench Details, Field Area Layout Drawings
- Preparation of crossing layout and detail drawings including Trust Bore Road crossing, existing pipeline crossing, overhead power line crossing, wadi & camel crossing.
- Preparations of typical drawings, Tie-in detail Drawings, Scraper trap Equipment drawing with Nozzle Orientation, Painting & Coating Drawing, SPI & LDS connection Drawing & Scraper Trap Section Detail Drawing.
- Preparation of Overall Routing Layout Drawings which includes Plot Plan, Equipment layout, Layout Index, Piping Plan (GAD), Valve Pit Drawing, Piping plan Demolition Drawing, Valve Station Drawing & Fencing layout Drawing.
- Familiarity with Pipeline detail engineering standards, including spacing requirements, accessibility, operation, maintenance, crossings and right of way (ROW)
- Checking & review of pipeline eng. drawings, including Plan & Profile, Alignment sheets, Plot Plan, Piping Plan, Isometric Drawings, with respect to the latest P&ID’s, Vendor Drawings & inputs from other discipline.
- Study and understand the scope of work and clients standards with related international standards.
- A committed team player able to work on own initiative with the minimum of supervision.
· Candidate should be a first class Engineering Graduate in Mechanical discipline from a reputable University.
· Should have at least 10 years’ relevant exp in detailed Engineering drafting (pipelines), gained with Engineering/Design Contractors and/or Oil & Gas Companies.
· Hands-on proven experience in Microstation required
· Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D / SP3D / PDMS is preferred.
· Preferably with GCC experience
· Experience with subsea pipelines & piping standards is an added advantage
Rewards and Benefits:
· A competitive all inclusive salary for the right candidate
· Accommodation allowance provided
· Transportation sharing or allowance provided
· Medical and life insurance cover
· Mobilization/demobilization and annual tickets provided
TrainingsAtkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs