Senior Engineer- Civil (Rail Team)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the worldsâ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Atkinsâ rail business is the largest in its field in Europe. We undertake engineering consultancy and design on Network Rail, London Underground and light rail networks. Our rail projects include major station and depot developments, power upgrades, re-signalling schemes and multi-functional railway enhancement works.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have opportunities for Rail - Bridges and Structures Engineers, based in our office in Gurgaon in India. We have openings for Senior Engineers and Junior Engineers in our team. Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
- Production of design solutions for UK Rail Bridges and Structures projects including analysis, production and checking of design drawings, specifications, design reports and CDM risk assessments.
- Working to technical quality standards and delivering projects to time and budget.
- Supporting and guiding junior level staff within the team.
- Liaising with UK based customers in a responsive and client focused manner.
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Degree qualified in CIVIL)
- Appropriate and sufficient experience in the design of bridges and / or structures
- Proficient in structural analysis software such as STAAD
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software particularly MS Excel and Word
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment
- Experience of bridge design
- Familiarity with a range of engineering software, including grillage analysis and finite element analysis programs
- Familiarity with the use of AutoCAD and / or MicroStation
- Familiarity with UK design codes and / or Eurocodes
Additional Information (if any)
Rewards & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Performance Incentives
- Employeesâ Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
- Medical Insurance for the employee, family & dependant parents*
- Accident Insurance coverage for the employee