Senior Process Engineer
If you are conscientious Senior Process Engineer with exceptional interpersonal skills, thrive on leading working on exciting projects, and have interest in a diverse range of process industries including semiconductor, nuclear, food and drink then this could be the role for you.
Working within our Systems Design team of 40, based in Bristol, you will be an integral part of the delivery of engineering solutions in the for the Science & Industry market team. You’ll be working closely with our clients, completing site and client office visits.
You’ll be responsible for the analysis, assessment, optioneering and design of process systems, which can be stand-alone technical tasks or part of large multi-year consultancy support contracts. Working closely with our clients, you’ll be consulting with them to develop a full understanding of their project requirements, delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. You’ll also take the lead on projects – winning bids, co-ordinating the team and providing technical direction and leadership. You will be on hand for advice, guidance and mentoring for all of our team.
The team is growing strongly and there are opportunities to take on line management responsibilities from the start, and for you to develop your capabilities and career, and to support others in their career decisions.
Building strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role. You’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices. You’ll be client focused – being able interface effectively, understand their needs and convert opportunities into successful workstreams.
In addition to building excellent relationships with our clients, you’ll also be able to build excellent relationships within the team, being able to lead a team within a project, be a line manager, and mentor others. You’ll also have the ability to work individually or in multi-disciplinary teams.
You will enjoy approaching things in different ways to find the best possible fit – you like making improvements and consider different approaches, trying to find the best approach to fit whatever is the current context.
In addition to having strong technical, analytical and numeracy skills, other key requirements include:
• Degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
• Chartered Member of the IChemE or IMechE.
• An appropriate level of relevant industrial experience- we would require experience of work associated with a highly regulated industry (e.g. Pharmaceuticals, Semiconductor, Nuclear, Food & drink, Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Water).
• A good understanding of the various phases of the project delivery process.
• Demonstrable ability to be able to communicate well, especially with the written form.
You may also demonstrate the below desirable requirements:
• Experience of owning and delivering engineering projects individually or within teams of professional staff.
• Experience of site-based plant or plant operations.
• Experience in mentoring junior process engineers in task delivery.
• Project management experience – APM or similar qualification is desirable.
Additional Information and Benefits
• Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
• Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
• Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
• Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days’ additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
• Atkins develops our employees through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external training for all our engineers.
Atkins support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
Reward & Benefits:
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
Our Latest Articles