Senior QS - PV Solar Plant Construction
Senior QS - PV Solar Plant Construction
Senior QS – PV Solar Plant Construction
In Sub-Saharan Africa, SNC-Lavalin has a proven track record of delivering projects across all four of our sectors of operation including oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, power and renewable energy. We have long-standing relationships with leading national and international companies across the region including Sasol, Chevron, Eskom, Transnet, PetroSA, Engen and various IPP’s.
Requirement is for a Senior QS with extensive proven PV plant construction experience to support estimating and project execution. It will be a core requirement to be able to develop contracting and procurement strategies, BoQ generation for plant layout drawings and details for Civils, Mechanical, Electrical O&M buildings.
Supports the procurement department in preparing and generating procurement packages for bulk material and engineered equipment. During contract execution, contractual and commercially manage all aspects of the project through to final account.
Education & Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction, preferably with both Client and Contractor
- Proven ability to develop professional tenders in civils, mechanical, electrical, O&M buildings
- Must have a completed diploma / degree in engineering / management / quantity surveying
- Must have a solid understanding of FIDIC suite of contracts and bespoke Sub-EPC contract forms
- Must have a solid understanding of EPC and Sub-EPC contract execution and associated risks
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite
- CCS Candy literacy beneficial
- Implicit knowledge of SANS 1200 method of measurement and client specific methods of measurement
- Ability to build rates from first principals and to be adjusted for project specific factors
- Client centric with the ability to continuously build and improve relationships
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask and adaptability to change
- Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to lead by example
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with periods of high work volume
- Prepares BoQ’s for lumpsum tender as directed by the Proposals and Estimating Manager, Proposal Engineer or his designate
- Define pricing and subcontracting strategy for most effective project execution
- Careful study of the tender documents, specifications and drawings
- Ability to prepare subcontract packages, either bespoke or on a back to back basis with the head contract
- Preparation of commercial adjudication of materials / equipment / subcontract quotations
- Co-operate in the introduction of new techniques in estimating
- Carry out site visits as and when required
- Work closely as part of a team with both colleagues within the department and the office team
- Ensure that detailed spread-sheets are completed and that an accurate bid analysis is carried out on all quotations received. Ensure all the files are maintained as per company QA procedures and full traceability maintained
- Any other guidance as given by the Estimating Manager or his designate
- Head contract and Subcontract administration
- Delay analysis and claim preparation
- Monthly progress payments, on lumsum, BoQ or reimbursable basis
- Commercial reporting, productivity analysis and opportunity identification to maximise project profitability
- Final account negotiation and project close out
Location: Midrand and project based when required
We care about your privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to us you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
In Terms of our Employment Equity policy, preference will be given to applicants who are disabled or from a previously disadvantaged background. If you have not heard from us within one week of your application, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs