Senior Transportation Engineer
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
Our Infrastructure Engineering group in Toronto is looking for a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our growing team to lead traffic engineering and transportation planning work. The successful candidate will also provide support to a wide range of projects and scales, both within the GTHA and elsewhere.
- Lead transportation planning and/or traffic engineering scope on stand-alone projects and as components of larger projects
- Oversee project teams incorporating design and traffic staff depending on project specifics
- Pursue/support pursuit of such public-sector transportation engineering projects in the GTHA and elsewhere
- Minimum 10 years of experience with a variety of traffic and transportation planning work
- Holding or eligible to hold a P.Eng. licence from PEO
- Extensive knowledge of traffic planning and engineering including:
- Data collection, processing and management
- Traffic operations modelling and simulation tools
- All relevant Ontario municipal and provincial (MTO) standards and requirements
- Experience with functional planning for transportation infrastructure, transportation safety analysis and mitigation, traffic impact studies, construction traffic staging analysis and design, and transit studies
- Ability and experience managing traffic analysis work, writing clear, concise and accurate reports, and presenting to clients
- Eligibility for RAQS registration will be an advantage
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.