Service Delivery Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operations UK are part of a consortium, creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
We are currently looking to recruit a Service Delivery Manager who will take responsibility for the Control Centres, Network Resilience and Security departments of Connect Plus Services. You will ensure that contractual requirements are met, and all these departments are run in cost effective and efficient manner, giving advice, guidance and support to the Security, Resilience and Control Room Managers when necessary.
• Undertake a full range of duties to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered
• Partake in the on-call CPS Silver Rota,
• Live the Connect Plus Services Values
• Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
• Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
The following qualities, skills and experience are essential:
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales,
• A confident and professional manner,
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels,
• Excellent team working skills and able to build relationships at all levels,
• A clear and objective communication style,
• A flexible outlook to all tasks and duties,
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficient IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office applications.
• Proven people management skills with the ability to motivate and develop teams to meet business objectives.
• Understanding of Health and Safety issues.
• Appropriate CSCS qualification or attained within three months.
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Self-motivated, highly organised and able to work on own initiative with the ability to multi-task,
• Possess good problem-solving skills with the ability to make decisions,
• Willingness to attend meetings when required
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
• Experience of working in highways operations/ maintenance or incident management with relevant Command experience.
• Experience in emergency planning, or similar transferrable experience.
These lists are not exhaustive and do not include everything that needs to be achieved in the role and do not include reasonable instructions given to the jobholder.
Our Latest Articles