Sr. Highway Designer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Denver, CO Team as a Sr. Highway Designer. We have local projects and a top Consultant with Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT). We also manage the Elevate Denver Bond program and have on-call contracts with the City & County of Denver, Longmont, Commerce City, Douglas County and Castle Rock to name a few. We have regional projects with FHWA-Central Federal Lands in California, Hawaii, New Mexico, Wyoming, Kansas and Arizona. We also support a national workshare program where we share resources when the workloads call for resource sharing.
Provides design, production and coordination of construction plans and drawings in support of Highway engineering projects. Selects and recommends design procedures.
Note: The Sr Designer classifications are reserved for very experienced and capable designers who, lacking the official education requirements, are unable to obtain professional registration, but whose contribution to the firm is highly regarded and valuable.
- Work involves analytical ability to select and recommend Highway and Roadway design procedures, interpret complex ordinances and specifications, analyze design requirements and provide Highway / Roadway design solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or equivalent technical discipline plus ten years' experience, or Associate's degree plus a minimum of fifteen years' progressive drafting and design experience, including at least seven as a Designer, or HS diploma (or equivalent) plus a minimum of twenty years progressive drafting and design
- experience, including at least ten as a Designer.
- Proficiency in CAD strongly desired.
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- No professional registration is required; however, incumbent should be seeking applicable registration if movement onto the Engineering or Architecture career path is contemplated.
- Experience with MicroStation required.
- Experience with Open Roads Designer and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred, but not required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles