Traction Power Systems Engineer SME (O&M)
The SME for Traction Power Systems is a full-time role that will support the Power Systems Manager and the wider Asset & Maintenance Team in their oversight and supervision of the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Contractors for the Riyadh Metro Project. The expertise of the Traction Power Systems SME will ensure that the Traction Power Systems used and maintained by the O&M Contractors will perform at the highest level of safety, efficiency, availability and reliability. The performance of Traction Power Systems will be intrinsic to delivering a world-class metro service for Riyadh.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate understanding of the safety significance in the operation and maintenance of the Traction Power Systems in a railway environment and always place this safety as the highest priority.
- Review the O&M Contractors’ submissions for Traction Power Systems including asset and maintenance plans, procedures and work instructions.
- Support the coordination of the O&M Contractors with the Design & Build (D&B) Contractors with respect to Traction Power Systems.
- Oversee and report on Traction Power Systems maintenance delivery activities by O&M contractors; verify that it is being carried out safely and to the Employer’s satisfaction.
- Advise on the Asset Management and Maintenance Strategy relating to Traction Power Systems.
- Monitor, audit and report Key Performance Indicators (KPI) relating to Traction Power Systems.
- Represent the Power Systems Manager, as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed, in support of the Asset & Maintenance Team and the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (Power Systems) along with proven experience in Traction Power Systems engineering, design or maintenance.
- Additional Traction power experience combined with alternative relevant qualifications may be considered as a substitute for bachelor’s degree requirement.
- Membership of recognized professional bodies such as Institution of Engineering and Technology (UK) or other equivalent would be a distinct advantage.
Knowledge and Experience
The Candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the following areas:
- 33 kV MV power supply networks, MV distribution substations, MV and LV switchgear;
- 750V to 1500V DC traction power systems including traction power substations
- AC and DC switchgear, HSCBs, transformers, rectifiers, inverters, energy regeneration, stray current protection and AC/DC control & protection devices.
Skills and Aptitude
- Able to work within a collaborative team that promotes sharing of knowledge and experience.
- The Candidate must be physically capable of carrying out site visits and inspections in a railway environment, throughout the construction, testing & commissioning and operational phases of the project.
- The candidate will have good interpersonal skills and able to communicate clearly and effectively with others through both oral and written communications.
- The project language is English. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Additionally, having a good command of Arabic would be a distinct advantage.
- Highly motivated and passionate about their work
- Demonstrate reliability and responsibility
- Have good problem-solving skills through creative thinking and analysis
- Work to tight deadlines and complete tasks.
- Working with multiple priorities.
- Managing project deadlines.
- Able to work in a collaborative multicultural environment
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- 21 working days annual leave, 6 day work week
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants