Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
Join SNC-Lavalin’s Industrial Division and help change the face of manufacturing and infrastructure operations. We are looking for talented and motivated thinkers who want to play a central role in the design, development, and deployment of leading edge advanced industrial control and data management systems. Our growing team in Toronto is in need of an engineer who is willing to execute high profile and technically demanding projects for a range of fortune 500 clients.
Summary of position
The successful candidate will rely on their technical skill, their passion for making things better, and their creativity to utilize their analytical, statistical and programming skills to collect, analyze and interpret large data sets in order to make value out of the data. The successful candidate must be able to manage projects from start to finish and to take ownership for project deliverables. They will also become tightly integrated with both our process engineers, other data scientists, as well as the Industrial Automation team, and work together to deliver best-in-class solutions, supporting a range of design and build mandates in the industrial sector.
- Work with client teams to understand their data needs and develop ETL solutions
- Collaborating with full-time and contractual staff to communicate with hardware and software systems (PATs, Data Historians)
- Working closely with data scientists to build data integrations for investigation needs
- Coordinate the system validation of enterprise analytical tools
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, computer science, engineering, physical sciences, or economics
- Expertise in computerized system validation methodologies with 2-3 years hands on experience
- Knowledge of shop floor management information systems (e.g. MES, LIMS, DCS, eDMS)
- Knowledge of Business requirements regarding Statistical Process Control (SPC) and their prerequisites.
- Experience with data validation in a data warehouse context
- Knowledge of technology project management is an asset (i.e. PUMA methodology)
- Expertise and comfort with programming (Python, Matlab, R)
- Analytical data science experience (developing/deploying models) is an asset
- Process control/optimization knowledge is desirable, but not mandatory
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.