Deputy Project Director, Install and Lead Out
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Deputy Project Director for Install and Lead Out is responsibility for planning and executing all of the series in a Candu Refurbishment during the Install Phase of a Refurbishment Project. They understand the flow of all install series and they have a complete understanding of all installed components including fuel channels, feeders, and return to service components.
- Understands how to run a significant scope of work in a nuclear construction environment.
- Strong understanding of the specific requirements for installation of reactor components
- Requires a disciplined approach to detailed logistics/material movement planning.
- Experience with restoration of nuclear plant systems in advance of return to service
- Has strong project management skills that drives coordination between large scopes of work.
- Experience managing a foreign material exclusion (FME) control program.
- Strong understanding of contamination control best practices.
- Drives accountability and the creation of a strong nuclear and conventional safety culture in coordination with the CanAtom Safety Director.
- Has the ability to coordinate with the Construction Function to assure trades support for project execution
- Develops those around them to assure sustainable succession planning for subsequent units and the growth and development of technical and leadership personnel.
- Manage staffing/hiring plan and ensure employee and labor relations issues are pro-actively managed.
- Manage the project execution budget and update as required.
- Manages the interface with OPG, constantly staying in the Partnering approach, with a project first mentality.
- Manages the interface between the Engineering One Team, Quality One Team, Documentation One Team and other key groups and functions effectively.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in leading a significant nuclear construction scope with a focus on logistics and welding performance
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in leadership/management role
- Has the ability to understand technical issues that face a significant nuclear construction scope.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Project Management, or Construction Management or equivalent.
- Understands the quality program requirements of executing work under CSA-N286 and CSA-N285, and is able to drive complex quality assurance issues to resolution in concert with the CanAtom director of Quality Assurance
- Experience in managing the procurement and delivery of Candu reactor components is an strong asset
- Has deep experiences with construction leadership and labor relations.
- Experience managing a robust stakeholder group including client, suppliers, JV partners, employees (including trades), and union business agents
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles