Group Engineer - Civil Design
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is the largest engineering and design consultancy in the UK, the largest multidisciplinary consultancy in Europe and one of the largest design firms in the world.
Our Water Operations team is one of the largest in the UK. Our clients include high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses.
Due to expanding workload in the United Kingdom and the Middle East, we have an excellent career development opportunity for an enthusiastic civil engineer to join our Capital Delivery Solutions team in our Global Design Centre in Bengaluru, India.
Covid -19 Update for India
We’re committed to our vision of People. Drive. Success!
This implies that our Recruitment team would still be actively involved in the hiring and would contact the deserving candidates.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
Degree in Civil Engineering and Masters degree in Environmental Engineering (preferred)
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the Water & Wastewater Industry.
- Experience of working in the water Industry; civil design of particularly water and wastewater trunk mains, reservoirs, pumping stations, water and wastewater treatment works (One area is essential, 2 or more preferred). UK and USA experience is preferred.
- Experience of detailed design drawings and calculations
- Familiarity with IS/BS and US Codes of Practice
- Ability to contribute to the project management of detailed design of projects
- Ability to apply, promote/improve quality systems
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel proficient. Basic knowledge on drafting software like AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, Navis
- International experience
- Experience of training and mentoring
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership
Reporting to the C & S Team Leader, key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure compliance with UK Health & Safety requirements and CDM Regulations and incorporate design for safety
- Ensure compliance with Atkins Quality Management Procedures
- Deliver projects on time and to quality and budget
- Mentoring of Graduate/Assistant Engineers
- Originator of calculations to International codes of practice
- Check and/or review of calculations and drawings
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients & colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to learn new skills
- Awareness of limits of competence and when to seek assistance
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
- Willingness to travel to various locations in India and abroad for short term assignments and training
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Here at Atkins we have your best interest at heart, and want to ensure we take all the right measures to make sure you have a safe recruitment process. Given the current outbreak of Coronavirus and the latest government advice we no longer feel that face to face interviews are the best solution and are moving our meetings to a video/audio conference calls.