Junior Environmental Planner (6months)
Junior Environmental Planner (6months)
Junior Environmental Planner
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
How will you contribute to the team?
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world. SNC-Lavalin Inc. is seeking a Junior Environmental Planner for our Toronto, ON office who would like more experience and responsibility combined with exposure to a wide variety of infrastructure (e.g., transit, road/highway, power, etc.) and environmental assessment planning projects. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with 2 years or less of experience with environmental assessments and consulting services.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Work with and support environmental planners / project managers in carrying out Environmental Assessments and permitting for construction.
- Conduct desktop research for baseline studies to support Environmental Assessments.
- Contribute to environmental assessment reporting.
- Assist with coordinating Environmental Assessment and permitting processes as it applies to projects.
- Assist with stakeholder consultation programs, particularly with drafting letters, notices, meeting summaries; maintaining stakeholder databases; drafting communication materials.
- Assist with compilation and drafting text for summary consultation documents.
This position reports to: Manager, Environmental Assessment and Permitting.
What will you contribute?
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, Geography, Environmental Science, or a related discipline.
- 2 years or less of experience in a variety of sectors (municipal infrastructure, transportation/transit, waste, energy).
- Experience working in a fast paced, consulting environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to manage multiple assignments at one time.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Desire to continue to learn and adapt skills.
- Must possess a valid Class G driver’s license.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs