Principal Loss Prevention Engineer (Oil & Gas)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, employing more than 18,000 people worldwide.
We're part of SNC-Lavalin, one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. We support public and private sector clients with the delivery of complex infrastructure projects, from upfront strategic advice to large, outcome-focused programme management.
Within the oil and gas division, our operations focus on fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and subsea pipelines. Having worked on 1000 oil and gas installations around the world, we are now the operator's 'go to' company for difficult challenges from life extension to innovative new design.
We listen and lead across boundaries, bringing lessons learned from one discipline to another to help realize our client's vision. We deliver what we say we will, building relationships based on trust and integrity: there when we’re needed, fast; committed for the long term; adapting to changes and leaning into challenges.
We are currently looking for a Principal Loss Prevention Engineer who can share a desire to be at the forefront of the oil and gas sector and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a different to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We offer flexible, rewarding work packages tailored towards career progression, which are founded on the principles of growth, ambition and excellence. By joining us you'll be helping us to design complex new schemes, assure the longevity and integrity of existing infrastructure and deliver innovative consultancy advice to core clients, critical to the success of the global oil and gas sector.
- Preparation of project deliverables as per cost, schedule and quality requirements
- Act as Lead Loss Prevention Engineer to manage discipline project team
- Maintain technical integrity within the team
- Ensure that the client business drivers and company performance incentives are fully understood by all discipline personnel being supervised
- Assist with discipline team objectives as required by Discipline Team Lead
- Ensure that the technical competence of Loss Prevention staff supervised is matched to the work in hand
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- B.S. or equivalent in Chemical Engineering from an accredited institute (or equivalent)
- Minimum 15 years of experience in loss prevention design of onshore and offshore oil & gas related projects
- Competent to carry out the Approve-Authorize activity in the Design-Check-Approve-Authorize cycle
- Act as a focal point for Loss Prevention on projects, as assigned.
- Attendance at weekly Lead Engineers meetings on projects.
- Identification of changes against scope of works.
- Participation in technical meetings with Client, Partners, Suppliers, and Sub-Contractors.
- Planning and weekly reporting.
- Control of deliverables from the Loss Prevention team.
- Participate as required in Design Reviews and Technical Audits.
- To implement improvements directed towards showing profitable operation, growth of business and the enhancement of the team's competence and performance.
- Identifying new appropriate technologies applicable to our Client's operations and environment, evaluate these both technically and commercially, and where appreciable opportunities exist, progress deployment in operations.
- Working with other disciplines in the company to ensure all interfaces with other parts of the plant are fully engineered.
- As well as leading teams of Loss Prevention Engineers on projects the candidate shall be sometimes be responsible for:
- Write HSE Plans, Bases, Philosophies, Standards, Specifications, and Reports for Projects
- Create Data Sheets
- Technical activities involved with requisitioning of equipment
- Review technical proposals for equipment
- Licensor and Vendor design review
- Assistance during construction and commissioning
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant engineering technology
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant Codes and Standards
- Undertake training of less experienced engineers, including duties as a mentor
- Prepare estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules
- Ability to lead meetings with client engineers
- Provide technical input to Business Development strategies, activities and initiatives
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants