Project Director - Infrastructure
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As part of our Middle East business strategy, we are currently looking for an experienced Project Director (Major infrastructure projects) to join our team in Abu Dhabi. Experience of delivering infrastructure works for master planned developments and other major works is key.You will be responsible for managing and leading a diverse team of professionals including Architects, Engineers, Designers, Quantity Surveyors, Contractors and other supporting services.Drawing on your existing infrastructure delivery and major projects experience, you will be responsible for monitoring the project direction and coordinating throughout all project life-cycles and final handover to the client.
- Develop the strategy and execution plan on large capital projects
- Negotiate contract terms with the client
- Deliver on all technical and commercial aspects of the project as per the contract requirements
- Manage the client relationship and key stakeholders
- Business development to ensure repeat business
- Deliver the financial objectives for the programme
- Manage all programme risk and contingencies
- Ensure compliance with the Atkins/F+G Business Management System
- Direct staff and resources to meet programme delivery requirements
- Ensure project success
- Manage the Project Manager’s performance of delegated responsibility
- Provide the principal point of contact with the clients’ senior representatives for the delivery of project services
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with relevant project, technical, financial and commercial staff
- Develop close working relationships with other Faithful+Gould business heads, locally and internationally
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues within the region and internationally to maximize the cost base and technical delivery capability
- Support the Project Manager in the resolution of problems
- Western educated to a minimum of Bachelors’ degree in engineering or architecture
- Chartered with a western recognised institute (to include but not necessarily be limited to APM, ICE, IStructE, MRICS, CIOB).
- A minimum of 20 years post graduate experience, of which 10 has been in the Middle East, preferably UAE.
- A minimum of 15 years operating at senior management and director level
- Experience in leading on Master Planned infrastructure projects and major programmes of works including roads, culverts, utilities, drainage, bridges, public realm
- Experience of leading a business and having responsibility for a P&L account
- Proven success in the delivery of large capital projects within scope, time and budget
- Ability to influence for results
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering on projects involving numerous stakeholders
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and holding effective conversations
- Proven ability to lead, organize and direct large multi-national organization
- Be resilient with a “can do” attitude and able to work under pressure
- Be collaborative and able to work across regional and business boundaries
- Be focused on delivering to agree objectives and standards
- Assert independent views and challenge when appropriate
- Willing to challenge the status quo
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 25 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants