Join our organisation, where we have a huge variety of projects on-the-go at any one time. So, when you start this role with us, it could take your career wherever your interests lie. You'll find everyone here is willing to pitch in and help because we all want you to succeed, and we're ready to help you grow.
When it comes to living your life, we want you to get the most out of it. So, talk to us about all our flexible and remote working policies that can support your personal priorities. Also, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality, as well as being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.'"
The Central Rail Systems Alliance is formed by partners Network Rail, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and TSO. The CRSA is responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway upgrade projects on the North West & Central and Eastern regions of Network Rail’s recently devolved routes. The programme of works delivered by the teams is valued at £2bn and manages the development, design and delivery of Switches and Crossings and Plain Line renewals as its core business but is also responsible for the delivery of major enhancement projects.
The Alliance is looking for an Quantity Surveyor to join the highly successful team.
The individual must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Provide quantity surveying services for the Alliance.
- Work as part of the overall Alliance team
- Plan organise and control own workload.
- Provide a professional interface with other disciplines and the Alliance team as required.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to the Alliance and ultimate client.
- Work closely with the Commercial team that supports the ethos of the Alliance Principles
- A recognised degree and/or professional qualified to the suited Chartered Body, in Quantity Surveying management or be qualified by experience
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and document preparation skills
- Has proactively contributed to successful delivery of a project and/or programme in a similar operating environment to Network Rail
- Knowledge of working in a safety critical, regulated and multi-organisation operating model within the public sector
- Responsible for own high quality output and understanding of how his/her outputs contributes to programme and/or project objectives
- Holds service management responsibilities including but not limited to reporting
- Strong interpersonal qualities demonstrable through their daily actions and engagement with individuals
- Ability to prepare rail related estimates
- Good understanding of the Rail Sector
- Good understanding of standard forms of contract
- Demonstrate ability in the preparation, monitoring and forecasting against budgets during design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning phases of a project
- Demonstrate ability to contribute to financial and commercial reports
- Ability to contribute towards Anticipated Final Cost and annual budgets to the Alliance.
- Effective and efficient commercial administration of projects
- Be able to accept responsibility where appropriate
- Client interface level of responsibility on a project basis in conjunction with Alliance teams
- Ability to work under supervision and on own initiative
- Ability to communicate to both immediate superiors and subordinates
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs.
- Contribute to the annual growth of the Alliance
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs