Rail Quality Engineer
Rail Quality Engineer
Rail Quality Engineer
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Rail Quality Engineer will be based out of our office in Kirkland, Washington and reports to our Sr. Rail & Transit Quality Assurance & Safety Manager. The Rail Quality Engineer conduct audits of Design-Build project and construction quality control/assurance activities of contractors. Trains/educates staff on quality expectations, and quality fundamentals. Provides subject matter expertise to assist program and construction management staff in improving the project quality program efforts.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by managing projects and teams delivering: validation of information and analysis on strategic audits and reviews; reviewing and approving Gap analysis and audit plans; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits when required; and training program management staff.
- Prepare, conduct, report and follow up on audits.
- Validate subconsultant quality management systems utilizing established audit procedures; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Perform quality compliance assessments on Design-Builder Contractor, and Program/Construction staff interviews; subconsultant assessments; collaborating with other members of the quality team to develop new means and methods and training procedures.
- Plan and conduct Construction surveillances/inspections to various field, offsite, subconsultant, and office locations. This may include night hours, weekends, and inclement weather.
- Involved in developments in quality management and compliance standards within the industry; participates in educational opportunities; maintaining professional networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Other responsibilities include monitoring the overall Quality Management System for effectiveness and compliance to all system and procedures as well as Client requirements.
- Preparing and revising internal system procedures to meet organizational needs and requirements.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or science related program (Process Management, Construction Management) required plus a minimum of seven years’ experience in the field of quality control. Master’s degree preferred. Without a degree, twelve years of related experience in the field of quality control. Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is required.
- Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Certified Quality engineer (CQE)
- Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence (CMQOE)
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Training
- Prior quality assurance experience required, preferably construction quality.
- Must possess experience in construction quality, design-build projects, quality assurance/control, auditing design projects, developing QMS, and inspection/testing/product conformity.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills and knowledge of Project Management (IT/IS) systems required.
- Prefer experience in transit whether light, heavy or commuter rail.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Relocation assistance may be available.
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs