Senior Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the property, transport and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to continued success in securing projects, we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor, with Public / Private / Higher Education Sector Experience, to join our team in Manchester and Warrington. Our projects range in value from £0.5m to £100m+ with a variety of high profile clients giving our team a diverse and exciting workload.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
• Work within a Team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying duties from project inception through to completion
• Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents
• Provide post contract Quantity Surveying services
• Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/client.
• Assist in mentoring and development of junior staff
• Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
• Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management
• You shall hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
• Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying
• Chartered member of the RICS
• Extensive experience with both private and public sector clients on major projects and a working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract.
• Commercially aware you’ll work well as part of a team and demonstrate the people management skills to support and mentor where required.
• A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction cost’s coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
• Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively (both internally and with Clients), and a willingness and determination to progress your career quickly.
• Flexibility to work away when required.
• You will have the necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high quality professional service.
• IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software eg CATO
• Good organisational skills
• Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member
• An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Atkins & F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance. #LI-F&G